Please complete the Lobbying Form where you may have engaged in activities defined as "Lobbying" at the local, state, or federal level. The Office of Community and Governmental Relations compiles data and prepares a quarterly report to be filed.
Submit forms to Governmental Relations on or before January 5, April 5, July 5, and/or October 5.
In completing this form, please keep in mind the following parameters:
- Lobbying is defined as total time spent, on behalf of the University, on any and all efforts to influence legislative or administrative agency action.
- Notify the University's Governmental Relations Office of all contact with state, federal, and local officials on behalf of the University and list any lobbying expenses on behalf of the University. Lobbying expenses include events such as receptions, dinners, or similar types of hospitality. The portion of the expenses attributable to federal, state, or city officials should be calculated on a per capita basis.
- For example, if the total cost of a reception that includes five legislators and 100 total attendees is $1,000, then the hospitality expense reported for each legislator is 5% times $1,000, or $50.
- If you come across a section that does not apply to you, please skip it and move to the next section.
- If you do not have any lobbying expenses or activities to report at any government level, please check “I had no activity or expenses this quarter.”
Difficulty viewing form in browser? Please make sure you are using the latest version of your browser or access our PDF form, which can be emailed to Charlene Kumar at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or Shannon Smith at email@example.com or faxed to 412-624-7707.