Support the Community Engagement Centers
This year, dedicate your United Way contribution to the CECs, Pitt's commitment to creating win-win partnerships with local communities. Through the CECs Pitt faculty and students collaborate with community partners to offer community-serving programs and initiatives while strengthening Pitt's teaching and research. Donate using United Way code #14756647
- $5 per paycheck sponsors supplies for student orientation activities in the community
- $10 per paycheck helps to provide dinner at the Dinner and Conversation series, which connects residents to CEC programs and services
- $25 per paycheck supports a week of open computer lab hours for community users
- $35 per paycheck opens the CEC on a Saturday for programming that serves the whole family, such as tutoring programs, computer coaching, and health and wellness sessions
- $60 per paycheck funds a week of tutoring in one of the neighborhood elementary schools
- $95 per paycheck covers one month of a Community Assistant’s work to take on capacity-building projects in the neighborhood
How to contribute:
- Visit: unitedway.pitt.edu
- Select your giving option (payroll or other).
- Define your gift amount.
- Direct your gift to the CECs: Within “Show me more choices on how to use my donation,” navigate to the bottom of the page for “Agencies Search” and enter the code, “14756647”